Kingston Bridge Boat Yard

 

image only

The site belongs to Historic Royal Palaces and was originally used for unloading goods for Hampton Court Palace. Later it became a major coaling wharf for the Hampton United Gas Company founded in 1850. Coal began to arrive by lorry in the 1930’s and the wharf eventually closed.  Residents of the Kingston Bridge Boat Yard moorings first appear in the Electoral Register in 1958.

Old_Bridge_Street.html
back to listOld_Bridge_Street.htmlOld_Bridge_Street.htmlshapeimage_3_link_0